Come and work for a growing charity supporting families of children and young people with cancer across the East Midlands. We’re a small, friendly team with big ambitions, working remotely with regular catch ups in person.
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000 p/a pro rata
Hours: 32 hours a week (negotiable if needed). Flexible working weekdays. Occasional weekend or evening work to attend events.
Location: Home-based, meetings in Nottingham or Leicester as required
Benefits: 25 days pro rata full-time. Day off for birthday. Additional leave during Christmas closure. Nest pension. Sick pay.
Email your CV to email@example.com by midnight 13th August. Successful applicants will be invited to Interviews 21st August onwards.
Our fundraiser plays a key role in building relationships and developing marketing and fundraising in our local communities. You’ll work with our CEO and Fundraising and Marketing Lead to support the development of our fundraising strategy. You’ll be instrumental in engaging and growing our supporter base, to ensure our charity is more sustainable and in a strong position to continue delivery of our high-quality services to families living with childhood cancer.
Are you a highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organisational skills with an interest in learning more about the charity sector? If your answer is yes, we’d love to hear from you.
- To raise the profile of PASIC in communities and businesses across the East Midlands.
- To identify and develop new fundraising income by researching and securing new corporate and community supporters, including schools, sports teams, and other organisations.
- Work with our CEO and Fundraising and Marketing Lead to plan/deliver corporate and community supporter stewardship, including face to face meetings, fundraising events and Charity of the Year pitches.
- Foster existing and new relationships with business and community supporters, giving help as needed to maximise and maintain their support.
- Involvement in maintaining our Salesforce database of supporters, ensuring records are accurate and kept up to date.
- Create engaging communications with supporters. Develop fundraising and marketing materials and resources.
To represent PASIC at events. Make presentations to a variety of audiences to raise awareness of PASIC and to encourage fundraising.
- Work with our Fundraising & Marketing Lead to develop and deliver a range of in-house fundraising events, as well as places in third-party events such as marathons.
- Liaise with providers of local community and corporate grants, such as supermarkets and other funding organisations. Assist in writing grant applications to trusts and foundations as needed.
- Work with, and help co-ordinate, volunteers who contribute to PASIC fundraising and other events.
This job description is not exhaustive and other responsibilities may be agreed as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate is someone with bags of enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a friendly and trustworthy attitude. Someone who can slot into our small staff team and show a commitment to our cause.
- Experience of working in fundraising for a charity, or the ability to demonstrate key transferable skills.
- A strong communicator. Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to use initiative. Enthusiastic, hardworking with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good organisational and logistical skills. Ability to prioritise your workload, develop and manage an individual work plan.
- Be a team player who can develop excellent relationships with colleagues, external contacts and our supporters and beneficiaries. Good ‘people’ skills. Strong IT skills.
- Be keen to develop your skills and acquire new knowledge.
- Curiosity and interest in looking at how other charities are developing their fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Ability to work effectively from home.
- Full, clean driving licence with use of car.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Experience of using social media and digital marketing.
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07935 330805.
- Equal Opportunities – PASIC is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and will monitor the recruitment process rigorously to ensure fair access and opportunity for all.
- Start date negotiable.
- DBS checks and references from previous/current employers will be undertaken for successful candidates.
- Probation – All new staff will be subject to a probation period. The probation period is a trial period, to enable the assessment of an employee’s suitability for the job for which they have been employed. It provides PASIC with the opportunity to monitor and review the performance of new staff in relation to various areas.