Thanks to our wonderful supporters, PASIC can make day to day life better for children with cancer and bring some smiles and special times to all the family to help take their minds off illness for a while.
“When children get cancer and spend most of their time in a hospital, they have very little contact with their friends and family. They have no social life or childhood. PASIC gives them a safe social life. It gives them their childhood back.”
Pam, James’ Mum
The difference we’ve made in the last 12 months
“We couldn’t have coped without the £200 travel grant to help with the daily 54 mile round trip Tom’s Dad made to see us in hospital.”
- Families living with childhood cancer have received support from Family Support Workers in both Nottingham and Leicester
- Our School Holiday Activities’ programmes has provided fun activities for hundreds of children and young people affected by childhood cancer.
- An average of 10 grants a month have been given to families of children with cancer to help with travel costs to and from hospital and to help families through the toughest of times including relapse.
- Donations enabled us to provide vouchers for family outings to cinema and other attractions throughout the year so individual children with cancer were able to get out and about when they felt well enough.
- PASIC have been able to fund approximately 10 compassionate grants a year to help families cope with funeral expenses following the loss of a child.
- Over 300 enjoyed a Christmas Party with slap up meal for all the family to remember with disco, fun, games and entertainment.
“PASIC made us feel back-to-normal and helped us forget what we’d been through.”
Help us make life better for children and young people with cancer…
£5.00 … pops a toy in a PASIC Activity Bag making hospital a little more fun
£10.00 … buys a Christmas Present for a child or young person with cancer
£20.00 … gives a family vital support, funding a session with a PASIC Family Support Worker
£80.00 … funds a messy, therapeutic fun art workshop for children on the ward
£100.00 … gives a fun day out for all the family – the child with cancer, siblings and parents
£500.00 … helps pay funeral costs for a child or young person
“Brilliant charity helping to build memories for families during difficult times. Thank goodness for PASIC.”