Thanks to our wonderful supporters, PASIC can make day to day life better for children with cancer and bring some smiles and special times to all the family to help take their minds off illness for a while.
“When children get cancer and spend most of their time in a hospital, they have very little contact with their friends and family. They have no social life or childhood. PASIC gives them a safe social life. It gives them their childhood back.”
Pam, James’ Mum
The difference we made in 2020:
“We couldn’t have coped without the £200 travel grant to help with the daily 54 mile round trip Tom’s Dad made to see us in hospital.”
- Nearly 500 families, including parents and siblings, were supported, each having access to a Family Support Worker and PASIC activities and events.
- 160 families struggling with the hidden costs of having a sick child received financial grants… totalling £42,017.
- 143 families were given supermarket vouchers to assist with financial pressures during the coronavirus pandemic.
- 2500 people follow us on social media, accessing online resources, updates and information.
- 145 families are regularly accessing support via our private online support group, helping people unite, share experiences and reduce feelings of isolation.
- 450 activity packs/parcels/boxes were handed out to families providing fun activities for the whole family to do together at home.
- Nearly 1000 people attended face-to-face events, including trips to Twycross Zoo and Yorkshire Wildlife Park, allowing families to enjoy some ‘normal’ quality time together.
“PASIC made us feel back-to-normal and helped us forget what we’d been through.”
Help us make life better for children and young people with cancer…
£5.00 … pops a toy in a PASIC Activity Bag making hospital a little more fun
£10.00 … buys a Christmas Present for a child or young person with cancer
£20.00 … gives a family vital support, funding a session with a PASIC Family Support Worker
£80.00 … funds a messy, therapeutic fun art workshop for children on the ward
£100.00 … gives a fun day out for all the family – the child with cancer, siblings and parents
£500.00 … helps pay funeral costs for a child or young person
“Brilliant charity helping to build memories for families during difficult times. Thank goodness for PASIC.”